photo MM-520x100-DigiScrap-Blue_zps81fb6a0c.jpg
Use my code (STMMMS2601) to receive $10 off your order!
Photobucket

Friday, August 26, 2011

Earthquakes, Hurricanes and Layouts, Oh My!

Where were you when the earthquake hit Virginia?  Could you feel it where you were?  We felt it here in NYC!  It was unnerving to say the least because I really didn’t know what was happening.  I suspected an earthquake, but having never felt one before, I wasn’t sure.

And now, we are in the path of Irene!  I’ll be spending time today and tomorrow getting things off the dungeon floor that I don’t want ruined in case we take on water.  We don’t usually have a wet basement, but then I’ve never lived here when we’ve had a hurricane hit.  The weathermen are telling us to expect 5-12 inches of rain in about a 24 hr. period.  That’s a lot of water!  I’m just hoping that our roof is up to this.  We lost a couple of shingles in the last really bad storm we had and it was nothing to what is expected this weekend.  Church will most likely be cancelled on Sunday – nobody wants to walk to church in the rain and I don’t even want to drive in it!  This has been one crazy week in the NE!

During all that, I finally got some scrapping done for my CT duties for MagsGraphics.  I took the month of July off and finally got around to this month’s scrapping.  I wanted to get some of my July 4th pics scrapped, so I chose her Freedom kit.  The colors were perfect for my pics and the elements and papers complimented them perfectly.

MagsGraphics-Freedom-Page-1-sm

MagsGraphics-Freedom-Page-2-sm

I’ve gotten a little bogged down on getting the store open, but if we don’t lose electricity, I’ll be working on it this weekend and will be up and running next week.  I’m still trying to figure out a coupon problem and haven’t been able to find the answer to my specific problem.  I’m going to go surfing for it and if I don’t find the answer, I’ll just open the store any way.

Stay safe and dry wherever you are!

Blessings,

burgundy signature (Small) (Small)

CraftCrave Paper, Hybrid, Digital Scrapbooking and Craft Freebies, Tutorials and Challenges cbh - scrapbook freebies search engine PickleMouse Freebie List

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin